Dreaming About Summer?
You might be dreaming about a new bach right now as you rug up around the fire —or you may already be planning that ski chalet in Ohakune you have always wanted. Either way, you are going to want to make sure you get it right. You can go ahead and ask the Jones’ what they are doing or you can read this list from an expert who designs dream homes every day.
Here is Victoria's top 6 list of things to include in your modern holiday home:
1. Big Windows – What better way to see that gorgeous view than through big windows and doors. Don’t let fussy mullions get in your way, unbroken views are one of the best things about modern design.
2. Outdoor Kitchen – What better way to prepare the catch of the day. An outdoor kitchen can include a sink, ice maker and smoker as well as the barbecue—you wont miss out on the party while everyone else is outside having fun.
3. Toy Storage – Jet skis, surfboards, kayaks and boats are all fun but you’ll need a place to put them. Make sure you plan for those up front so it’s easy to get them in and out.
4. Salt Water Spa – After swimming in the ocean all day it’s nice to control the water temperature, salinity and jets at home. Salt water pools reduce eye, skin and lung irritation and require less maintenance than conventionally chlorinated pools. They also offer a gentle “soft water” feel.
5. Guest Suite – Invite friends and family but give them, and you, a little privacy. Include a mini-master bathroom stocked with travel-sized soaps and shampoos and a small bar and refrigerator and they will feel like they are at the best luxury hotel.
6. Big open fire—there is nothing like gathering around a log fire and swapping yarns after a day on the beach. An outdoor fire can be great in the shoulder season when you want to sit outside but its slightly chilly. An indoor fire keeps the bach warm during the winter months.
#windows #Martinborough #bach #summer #Architecture #Renovation