Updated: Apr 28
If you are thinking of embarking on a new project you may be wondering how to get started... Many people ask themselves - Do I need an Architect?
Here’s 6 reasons why you might employ an architect to guide you through your construction project:
1. If you engage an architect, you will pretty much always end up with a better end product.
2. Architects are highly trained and are good at seeing the “big picture” – in making the best of the space you have, in getting interesting designs, in ensuring the light is right, the feel is good, and that the house works.
3. Architects are usually good at ensuring the work is professionally done – that it meets the requirements of the NZ building code and will assist you to employ an engineer if you need one.
4. Architects are good at the detail that most of us rarely think about and which, if done badly can result in costly and unsightly mistakes – which way should the door open? Where should the outlet pipes go? What insulation do we need?
5. An architect can also help you find the best builder, manage the project and help you set a budget. The architect is the expert eyes and ears, whose job it is to represent your interests with builders and local authorities.
6. Architects are also subject to a statutory code of practice and have Professional Indemnity Insurance to protect their clients.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE PROJECT PLANNING PACK